FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumor] New "enhancement" only one bottle of Champagne per passenger in Club Europe
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:45 pm
Purim
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by LH4116
On the other hand isn't Champagne mainly seen as an apéritif beverage? I know that some airlines who offer Champagne in Economy and Premium Economy (Air France and Singapore Airlines are the only two to come to mind) limit the consumption by serving it as an apéritif only. Also perhaps BA shouldn't advertise the availability of Champagne in Club Europe as a product feature, not necessarily because people outside of FT base their airline choice on whether or not they serve Champagne or not, but rather to keep it as a "hidden" feature. I'm sure they could market it as "a complimentary glass of Champagne before the meal".
I don't understand a word of this. What is the correlation between AF LH economy and BA CE? Why are you are trying to rationalize an unsubstantiated rumor? Why the aperitif assumption? What's next? No red wine before the meal? Since when is BA an arbiter of taste and social correctness?

Its either available or it is not. What the punter decides to do with it and in what quantity, is a matter for the punter.