FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumor] New "enhancement" only one bottle of Champagne per passenger in Club Europe
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:09 pm
FrancisA

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
with rowdy drunk pax and pax just generally ordering excessive amounts. I guess controls need to be put in place.
I would be tempted to start a rowdy drunk passengers thread for FTers to post details of those that they encounter on their flights, but I suspect it will be a very short thread.

I have never seen a rowdy drunk in CE or pretty much on BA flights in general.

Where this does happen, the crew are trained to deal with it and certainly don't offer any further drink.

Restricting Champagne is quite ridiculous - "Sir, you are too drunk for another Champagne! Fancy a couple of large vodkas instead?"

Excessive is also a very subjective term. Excessive because BA don't want to provide more than a certain number of drinks? Or related to the passenger? What's excessive: a 20 stone rugby player who has not had a drink before the flight being refused a second Champagne as excessive, or a slightly built silver rinse who has had 8 G&Ts in the lounge at LCA before the flight even asking for one bottle of Champagne?

BA offer Champagne (not sparkling wine as some claim would be acceptable) as a product feature in CE. Comsumption is predictable and cost per pax variable. It doesn't take a genius to work out that more Champagne will be needed per pax on a band 4 holiday route in high season than an LHR-BRU flight on a February morning. However you might want to tske the average the cost and consider the profit across the network, rather than focus on per route unit costs in making management decisions. (Unless you are very foolish - jury out on that one.)

Anyway let's hope this is just a false rumour.