FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber: Two Free Rides From Airport (up to $65 each)
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:22 am
cestmoi123

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Data point: I followed all the instructions and attempted to use this for a $64.51 ride from IAD on 11/26. Nothing was zeroed out, I was charged. I wrote in, and got this response:

I asked to escalate to a supervisor, saying something like sure, your terms include the mysterious words "Enrollment limited" in them, but you didn't do anything to notify me that you'd reached your "maximum" until after I took a $64 trip I wouldn't have taken otherwise.

Even more bizarrely, I then got this message:

Of course, there is "such promo" in my account, it's right there in my Uber Promotions tab, and it's still there. But they went ahead and credited the $64.51, so no harm done other than a couple of emails.
I could totally understand limiting the number of people who could sign up for the promo (so that, if you tried to enter the promo code, you got a "sorry, maximum reached"), but once the promo code has been entered and accepted, trying to tell people post-facto that the code won't be honored is absurd.