FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh and Dublin 2 days each?
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:10 am
jjmiller69

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by gkrnjlr
Thank you! I hope you have a great trip!
We did have a great trip. The Castle tours are a must. Edinburgh Castle is THE best. Our Gran daughter has been over there for 3+ months and was our guide. She worked us hard 12 hrs X's 3 days once. We did take the rail and start at Stirling Castle and hit some more at stops during the return to Edinburgh.

I would suggest the guided tours. It's a City of 500K so it's not large but not small either. We used the bus day passes for a family of 3. Unlimited use for 8 #'s. I know it's the best bus plan I've ever seen, but I'm sure others do have similar. We have nothing like it in the Mid-West at the price and never waited more than 10-15min.

Enjoy there's a lot of tours and roaming the Royal Mile. The ladies loved shopping at the Primark store.

If your there on a Saturday you can take in a Soccer or Rugby match. They are very passionate about both. Gran Daughter saw the Highland games in August and loved them.

We spent 6 days and never saw a rain drop? We had expected rain and planned for it, maybe we just got lucky. But it is a very damp area being 30 miles from the North Sea. ps she loved the Highlands but said it's a warm weather thing.