FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is our core mission?
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:40 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Dovster
Not yet, but post content certainly does.

You and I are perfect examples. You have over 80,000 posts and of the last 100 that you made only 3 touch on miles and points even in a very tangential manner.

I have over 50,000 posts and I doubt that in my last 1,000 (and certainly not my last 100) you will find even one advising or questioning about miles and points.

Both of us, however, have made numerous points about the 3Cs (I am including your posts about going through security lines, which definitely impact comfort and convenience).

If there was an IBB dedicated to discussing I Love Lucy it would make no sense to keep it in the same format (with forums specifically dedicated to Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel) when members stopped watching the re-runs and now only want to talk about House of Cards.
Looking at my posting habits or yours may not be representative examples of what generally atttacts/retains/repulses members on FT and what makes this place outdated or not. [For me it's higher than 3 out of the last 100, by the way, on miles and points in some way; but my post's proportion on miles and points vs other travel stuff on FT has always been rather different relative to the average member on FT.]

Post content by the collective membership base across (much of) the board may indeed be telling, but the "three Cs" have already been a part of FT and have been since before I even started posting on FT.

It was the miles and points and travel deal dynamics that have been the primary driver of FT's earlier success/growth, but the "three Cs" -- something that does include miles and points -- have been part of this place for as long as I've been posting.

I'm not sure travel loyalty program devaluations are a good reason for FT to try to deliberately be a B movie actor in travel related spaces already largely occupied and dominated by A movie actors. It may be akin to taking on FT in the miles and points space and ending up like insideflyer.com.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 30, 2016 at 2:50 am