FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOS layover advice needed
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:08 am
PWMTrav

Originally Posted by Blumie
Unfortunately Legal -- the entire chain -- is a shadow of its formal self. That said, it's still better than most airport food.
These days I admittedly only get to the most touristy locations since I live in Maine, and if I'm near Legal it's because we're doing some kind of activity in Boston. We still enjoy the location by the Aquarium. About a year ago (which is a decade in restaurant time) Legal Crossing was decent as well. What I do like, even if the chain is less consistent than it was, is that the airport locations tend to be pretty faithful to the non-airport locations.

As you said, better than most airport food, certainly at BOS. The location in A (airside) has been my favorite. The landside location on the pmAA side of Terminal B is also okay. I eat there too often, as we'll generally grab dinner there coming off of a west coast morning flight, to miss rush hour.

Originally Posted by Efrem
That depends on whether one is talking about Faneuil Hall, the old historical building, or the modern Faneuil Hall Marketplace next door, which is "chain stores, bad restaurants and souvenir stores" as described though located in historic buildings. Let's not confuse them. The old building can be worth seeing if, like the OP, one has a short layover at BOS.
I was thinking both would be a nice little walk for an hour. I know the marketplace is a tourist trap, but it's a nice looking tourist trap and worth seeing once.