FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:38 am
crazyanglaisy

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You would be surprised how many people seem unaware that they can visit the lounges of other carriers. AA will tell them at check in that the lounge is the AA Flagship lounge and people will happily trot there.

But there will be the happy few moving over to the other side of the fence. But I guess they were already there in the old lounge....
I'm not so sure. My recollection was that the old lounges were certainly quiet, at least outside of the CX flight windows, with there never being more than 1 or 2 people in the F lounge. But, then again, the old CX lounges weren't anything particularly special. This revamped offering, on the other hand, looks outstanding - a significant improvement over both Galleries First and the Flagship Lounge, at least from the photos. My experience is also that most OWEs know the score when it comes to lounge options, and will seek out the best and newest alternatives when they can.

Another important factor to note is that BA and AA now have many more flights from T3 than they used to - including some that are operated by very large aircraft. There must be vast swathes of non-CX emeralds (and sapphires) who will be able to access these new lounges on a daily basis. It won't take many to be tempted to try it out and then get a taste for it before it becomes overrun. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they don't limit access in not-so-distant future (hopefully not until I get to visit of course - which is looking to be pretty much weekly for the next month or so!)

On a related issue, is LHR T3 the best equipped terminal for OWEs to engage in some serious first class lounge hopping? I can't think of anywhere else in the world where there's a choice between 3 different airlines' offerings.