FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Companion Pass Dates for 2017 and 2018?
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:59 pm
Critterlynn

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by comp98
My goal- CP for 2017 and 2018.

Timeline- Signed up for RR Plus (50k bonus) and RR Premiere (50k bonus) in Oct. Received cards.
First month statement closed on 11/18 (payment of $0 due on 12/15)...

After reading through a bunch of data concerning the CP and the various methods of accrual, and dates of posting, I still have one lingering question...When is the soonest that I can spend, to ensure my points the earliest in JAN (without triggering them in 2016.

I am really confident that if I wait until after 12/19, and spend the $10k (via Simon Mall Visa GCs) it will hit in Jan, but I was wondering about sooner. I called Chase and the rep stated that if I spent now (11/19-12/18), my points would post in Jan. Can anyone confirm, definitively? I just don't want to thread the needle incorrectly, and end up with a few days in 2016 and 2017. I want it soon, because I am traveling a lot in early 2017.

Thanks and cheers!
Ryan

I can confirm that both my Southwest cards closed on December 6th and and I immediately hit the minimum spend the next day. All 100,000 bonus points for both cards posted on my next closing date on January 6th. It did take a few more days to be deposited into my rapid rewards account. This allowed me to get the companion pass for 2016 - 2017.

Don't listen to anything a chase rep says. They like to say it takes 6 to 8 weeks which is not true.