FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Over, Motion Passed: Creation of a Lodging Services Forum (Including AirBnB)
Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:32 pm
dchristiva
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Agree. As both a regular FTer and as a TB member who has followed TB for many years (including before I served) I always want to know the rationale behind votes, whether they be yes/no/abstain.

I've gone on record as saying TB members should vote as they think best for FT, and I've also gone on record as saying they have an obligation as TB members to explain their votes to FTers - again, whether those votes are yes/no/abstain.

TB guidelines don't require a TB member to publicly explain their vote (which has given some TB members an out over the years ), but I've never understood the reason for voting (yes/no/abstain) & not explaining the vote to our constituents (aka, FTers) if asked.

So technically MSP doesn't have to explain her No vote to anyone & she may decide to run out the clock, but it would be a sign of good faith as a TB member to her constituents to do so.

Cheers.
Agreed. The more transparency, the better.