FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - REI Stratocruiser Wheeled Pack 22'' -- actual dimensions and any thoughts on it?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:53 am
leland

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
SUPER SUPER old thread but read on for PSA plus a tiny thread diversion... (it's not big enough to be a fork).

PSA that the newer version of the REI Stratocruiser Wheeled Pack is on a decent discount: https://www.rei.com/product/870109/r...led-luggage-22. Time to get it if you were considering something like this.

Tiny thread diversion: I'm not too interested in the backpack function as I will always travel with an additional bag, daypack, etc. However I am interested in getting the largest possible rolling carryon I can find for business or leisure trips - primarily international or transcon (I'm not trying to solve for regional jets). My back isn't holding up well enough to keep using my quasi-onebag + tech bag method, currently OPEC with upgraded shoulder strap plus TNF Surge II. I'm looking for a massive carry-on possible bag that I can roll with a backpack/messenger on top, survive the occasional checking, etc. Seems like getting this instead of something like a Travelpro 22" might provide more space. Would appreciate any feedback specific to this REI Stratocruiser and your apologies when I eventually start a thread specific to my own quest to try to get closer to onebag travel.

Last edited by leland; Nov 27, 2016 at 10:54 am Reason: formatting