FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WOW trip in Business is booked. Am I crazy?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:11 pm
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by montrealer
Excitement.

Enjoy your trip, Ramz.

And it is helpful for the rest of us; gives ideas on routings, and reinforces the options available on mini-RTW.
Seriously? I suppose if one gets a thrill out of visiting icky airports. With an itinerary like this, one will need a vacation to recover. The only thing it reinforces for me on the option side is that the options suck. This reminds me of AP trying to stick me on a BKK- DEL-ZRH routing with BKK-DEL on Air India. Wasn't going to happen. My days of India are done and over with, as are my days of flying on crappy *A airlines like the ones referenced.

I am sorry, but I disagree with the description someone offered as the airlines used in the routing being superior to AC. They are not. There is a reason why TK has to offer a significantly lower fare than AC on its routes from Canada and that has to do with the growing negative vibe the airline has in respect to overcrowding at the IST lounge, the poor service, the horrible IST airport experience and the poor safety reputation of TK. A bigger portion of food isn't going to swing it for me. Besides, I am not a big fan of flying close to war zones. Been there, done that and I don't carry enough underwear to relive the experience again.