FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ideas for 3 nights away from Munich
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:02 pm
shefgab

Programs: BAEC
Ideas for 3 nights away from Munich

Hi!

Next week I'm off to Munich. I've got two "meetings" of sorts, one over the weekend, the next on Wednesday. As such I've got Sunday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon free, and am wondering what to do with myself.

I've been to Munich, Nuremburg, Friedrichshafen and Salzburg before, and have done plenty of Christmas markets. I'm not interested in Dachau (done a few of those places), and will be going to Schloss Neuschwanstein later in the week. Car hire for 72 hours is around €75, so I'm happy to get a car if that helps. I'm not so keen to drive in the snow however.

I like walking and nature. Happy to see some small towns (in did a nice trip to Bamberg and Coberg a few years ago). I haven't been to Stuttgart. Possibly interested in going into the mountains, possibly Berchtesgaden or similar, but not sure if early December is a bad time (too early in the winter season?). Also see above about not wanting to drive in the snow! Unless the roads are perfectly clear.

I wouldn't mind just slothing it for a few days in a fancy rural hotel, but my absolute budget would be €150/night, which would probably exclude all the very nice ones.

So, any ideas?!