FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:11 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDJennings
Applying in mid September (when CSR was first available) means 90 days later (the deadline to cancel a CSR and get an AF refund) is only mid December 2016. On a side note: Chase now tells people they only have 30 days after the billing statement in which their AF posts for them to cancel and receive a full refund.

I actually just checked and I got the full AF back. Go figure.
Because you canceled within 90 days under the old term which is to get full refund.
The new 30 days from billing date, NOT statement date, is in effect Oct 12 on all Chase cards.
Though downgrade still seems to give refund AUTOMATICALLY even well pass the deadline despite people are told otherwise.

Originally Posted by MDJennings
Not everyone is like you and applies for cards with the intention of, "screw[ing]," over issuers. JP Morgan was always trying to get me to sign up for Private Banking due to knowledge of my assets from when they were involved in M&A for the sale of one of my companies. Originally in August, I was only a CPC and applied for a Palladium card. The CSR's earning structure was a perfect compliment to the Palladium's.

Last month or so, I finally bit the bullet and decided to park some assets over with JPM PB and in the process they converted my Palladium into a JP Morgan Reserve card. Obviously, that card is a better version of the Sapphire Reserve, so there was no real reason for me to hold onto the CSR anymore.

In the middle of last week, I decided to call up Chase and see what could be done about the CSR. I asked if I could PC it to Freedom and they did it right away. My datapoint was really just to highlight that product changes are possible even if a card is less than a year old and subject to the CARD Act. I went through the regular phone system and not through my private banker.
Had you given the above more detailed info from the beginning, I believe others would understand far better instead of painting you in the bad light of blatantly taking advantage of the system.

As for the swift service and the special treatment you received from Chase - I hope others would not expect to get the same treatment. After all, being JPM PB is a lot harder than CPC to be sure. The last thing Chase wants to do is to piss a JPM PB off.

Regardless which phone number you call, your status with Chase is readily shown in the system - unless the CSR does not pay attention, otherwise s/he would see you are high valued client and should be treated accordingly.