FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:42 am
IkeEsq

Originally Posted by beltway
What precedent is there for any exception(s) to the longstanding 60-day rule? I'm recalling none at all. If that's correct, Occam's Razor says this isn't what you should assume happened.
The first targeted offer I got was this summer, so I only know what I have heard. I believe that old targeted offers, 2015 and earlier, used to bypass some or all Citi rules. Multiple cards in a day, the 60-day rule, and the 18-month guidance. However, the 2016 mailers appear to follow all of the normal rules except that they lack the 24-month language.

This could be senility setting in but I am pretty sure that is what used to happen.

The problem with the 60-day rule now is that a lot of people are unable to get multiple cards from Citi due to 24-month restrictions so there is a far smaller pool of test cases. So every time someone brings this up we have to search for 'recent' examples.