FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Gatwick Courtyard: Worst Stay Ever
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:36 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Gigantor
- TV not working
- Given incorrect WiFi connection information by staff
- Elite Desk unstaffed (2x) on morning of departure. The first time I waited 15 minutes until the Duty Manager arrived. He assured me that this would not happen again. He said that he would ensure that a staff member would be at the Elite Desk if he needed to step away. One hour later, I came down to check out of hotel and Elite Desk was not staffed again. This time I waited 8 minutes for the Duty Manager to return.
Did you complain about the TV not working? If so what was the outcome?
What incorrect information was provided - just a non working password? How long did it take to get the correct information?
Were the other desks staffed? Why not just use them?

Originally Posted by Gigantor
I waited for 2 hours, asking every 15 minutes for the GM.
After two hours, I was informed that the GM had left the premises for the day. I told the Duty Manager that I do not accept his behaviour to me and that he lied to me. He then opened his smartphone and began recording the conversation on the phone.
I'm surprised you waited 2 hours presumably to complain about having to wait 8 minutes for the elite desk to be manned.

You don't know that the Duty Manager actually lied to you. The GM may well have been in a meeting.

If this is the worst stay you've ever had, I'd say you've been lucky.

Last edited by bdschobel; Nov 23, 2016 at 6:38 am Reason: Removed name from quote