FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:24 pm
Football Fan

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Wow -- just wow! I understand real answers are more difficult than corporate speak but really? (and I don't live in Europe)

As others have mentioned, it was an enjoyable run being a Hyatt Diamond over the years. Time to move on aka burn those points in '17.

Cheers
Thanks Markie for passing on the questions and answers.

Originally Posted by Jeff's Reply
6. Can you please address the fact that it is so much harder for members from Europe to qualify under the new conditions (when it was already harder previously), due to the lack of Hyatt Place hotels and the generally small international footprint? Isn't it contradictory to call the new level Globalist, but to make attaining it mostly only possible for people who live in the USA?

We had 23 properties in Europe in 2011, and it’s grown to 37 in 2016 – a 60% increase in that time period. Plus, we currently have 8 hotels in Europe under construction that will open by the end of 2018.
As the person who asked the original question: Is there any other way to take this than a "f you"?

As a sidenote, where are these 8 hotels that are under construction? I know about Andaz Munich, which might be useful for me. Of the new hotels they opened, only the Park Hyatt in Mallorca is of interest to me.