FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:48 am
philemer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by chevy454
So, I tried to apply for the new CSR a few months ago, but was denied because I was 5/24; I got to thinking today that one of my 5 I was an authorized user of a card that was closed in January and will fall off my 5/24 at the ends of next month.

So, assuming I have 1 app left for the next 6-8 months which direction should I go: CSR, CFU, CSP? Currently only chase cards I'm holding (and ever had) are ink+ and mileageplus. Also, I'm trying to get 5 of us to Europe next summer, and am sitting on about 240k UR points (shooting for 300k for flights), so I'm leaning CSR...any thoughts? Only thing that worries me is being this late in the year and utilizing both travel credits before cancelation; my brother got a late calendar app on the cities prestige and because of a weird statement date coinciding with the calendar year only got 1 credit for his $450 annual fee.

Any help is appreciated!
Originally Posted by missamo80
CSR for the signup bonus. Duh Even if you only get one $300 annual fee credit you only paid $150 for 100,000 UR points, and that assumes you see no value in Priority Pass, rental car coverage, etc. etc. etc.

Neil
CSR but wait until early Jan. so you won't have an issue with getting 2 $300 travel credits. Plan your spend accordingly.