FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please help. On LAX-HKG now And About to miss connection in HKG
Old Nov 21, 16, 4:49 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by hiima View Post
They'll rebook you to CGK if it was in one ticket. The air Asia ticket is a loss. Shouldn't book separate tickets like that.
A last minute CGK-DPS ticket on AirAsia is something like $90-150 depending on which flight you take (you'd need to maybe add luggage, etc.). Hmm, risk paying an extra couple hundred USD if things go pear-shaped or pay $1,000 extra guaranteed just to have one itinerary guaranteed? Jakarta's also not a terribly expensive city to spend a night in a decent hotel if it comes down to that.

When you're playing poker, always keep in mind the size of the pot you're playing for...

Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
I think my first step would with CX to see for sure what I could get rebooked on. (Or if I'd actually missed the first flight to begin with...maybe it's delayed too?)

Then I'd see what my Air Asia options were. Make original flight, change flight, buy whole new ticket along original routing, etc.

Finally, if you need AA personnel, I'd probably just call the EXP line.
This sounds about right to me.