FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business to Sydney
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:48 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by holocker
I am looking for a Business flight also to SYD and today did find 80k Business seats on American for Oct 15. Thant was literally the only date with Business Saver seats open for Sept/Oct. I need a little later in the month so will wait a couple days.

The problem I found is I need to go SAN-LAX-SYD. There were 2 seats open on the LAX-SYD leg, but only 1 one the SAN-LAX leg. Wanted to route me through PHX to get to LAX if I wanted 2 tickets.
Two Business award seats LAX-SYD? I'd grab them, as if two days later opens you can change without cost, but you're not very likely to find two seats "de novo". At worst, take two days of unpaid holiday or leave and take advantage. But eschewing US-Godzone seats because they're not on the right day...

Also check to BNE, MEL or AKL connecting to SYD.

Or AA partners FJ / Air Fiji connecting via NAN, or TN / Air Tahiti Nui connecting via PPT, etc. (Could require another connection to SYD using QF, etc.) Cheap or award flight to HNL, onward on Hawaiian. Assiduous and broad searches help - I've secured a number of US-Aus-US Business awards over the years.