FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight departing one year, arriving or returning next year - when will miles credit?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:31 am
TravelLawyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by fedechat
For IRROPS, the best option is get rerouted in the airport, most of the time they will be able to give you more options that calling their CS.
That isn't necessarily true. I had a trip in vain issue, and the airport agents couldn't do a thing. They told me to call CS. Luckily I got a good CS and she rerouted me. Mr. AtomicLush also had IRROPS issues a few months ago traveling to Singapore (there's a thread somewhere on here) and airport agents would not assist other than telling him to keep flying to the next destination...each destination he went to, he missed his scheduled flight. It was like chasing his tail. It wasn't until he got to NRT, that they saw what was going on and actually booked him to his destination on another carrier to not lose more time. Airport assistance is hit or miss (just like calling CS).