FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2016, 4:04 am
ws8n

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Totally agree with you!

Looking at this thread, I bet the Hyatt C-suite executives are laughing off their arses at us.

People, it is only a hotel-reward program. Maybe they feel embolden with the 30k SPG influx, and did their sums. Assuming 50% SPG stay on to become Globalist, they have room to maneuver and get rid of less profitable guests. Loyalty is a 2-way street. If they don't welcome you, move on.
Feel a need to vent, gather your friends and tell them never to book Hyatt again.

Someone, I have a feeling that whoever came up with Gobalist naming convention, must have been a Global Services with United

Originally Posted by josephstern
While I agree with the general sentiment here and on the Reddit AMA that this new WoH is really a serious step down from the earlier program, I don't agree that we are all the typical Hyatt customers. And I don't think Hyatt should necessarily pay attention to us.

We are the educated ones; the ones who care to learn more about the programs, share information, and figure out how to maximize benefits and minimize costs. While many of us are good and profitable customers for Hyatt, I'm certain we aren't their targets.

They want the customers who don't pay attention. They want the ones who see "60 nights" and just plod along to 60 nights. They made that clear by raising the number and eliminating the cc help and the nights qualifications. They want the business travelers on the shuttle from the airport who say to one another "did you hear it's gotta be 60 nights next year?" "Oh, really? 60? OK. I'll have to change some stuff around."

They don't want those of us who would mattress-run 20 stays in Jan/Feb and MS $40K on the Chase card.

So while we're all annoyed and threatening to vote with our wallets, Hyatt won't miss us. They've got the traveler who doesn't do any outside research in their crosshairs.

They want the sheep.

At least, that's what they're implying to me.