FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Over, Motion Passed: Creation of a Lodging Services Forum (Including AirBnB)
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:42 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nsx
Thanks. I have just asked the other TB members if they are OK with adding Non-Hotel in front of Lodging Services.
I don't think we need the friendly amendment at this point. TB will not exist in 2 weeks. This is the last vote. The odds are very strong that this forum is going to pass (ie, based on TB members votes to date & comments by other TB members that they're supportive of it.; however, it's not a done deal yet as not all votes are in).

This isn't rocket science. FTers are supportive of the forum & a # have said they don't care what it's called or what forum it resides in, as long as it gets created.

Even if we decide to do a friendly amendment (which I'm against at this point as I don't think it's needed given the above), it doesn't mean the CD needs to go w/ it. She probably would, but odds are given the CD is reading this thread, the other public forum thread, & the private forum she knows the name & the forum already.

So count me as a No on friendly amendment for a couple of reasons: one being the above (the main reason) and the other is that I have a very hard time believing that a couple of TB members who have said they'll support this/vote yes will suddenly change their mind unless the word-smithing is done.

Cheers.