FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boston w/kids and a trip to NYC
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:22 pm
treydawgmt

Programs: IHG Spire Elite
Boston w/kids and a trip to NYC

All,

You were all very helpful with my trip to Atlanta this summer, so I'm looking for some advice for a trip I'm planning to Boston in the spring. My Cubbies (who FINALLY won it all!) are traveling to Boston the last weekend in April. I'm planning on going and would like to fly. Costs are a concern to a degree, so I'm trying to figure out if this is possible, how well Boston is setup, etc.

It will be my wife, 4 year old, 1 year old, and myself. Ideally we would fly in, and not have to rent a car at all. I'm thinking Boston would support this based on what I can find - there is decent public transportation. That would save us having to take car seats which are a pain to fly with, save a cost in the rental, etc.

This will be an IHG Rewards stay because, holy cow the price of hotels near the park/downtown is a bit insane! So ideally we'd fly in, take public transportation to the HIX, walk to the ball park or take public transit, etc.

Then I'd like to take a train to NYC, and either fly out from there, or return. I'm guessing all this is possible? Could be done for reasonable pricing? Any good hints?

Thanks!