FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help please: AA125 DFW-HKG Problem
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:55 pm
prw555

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Originally Posted by Lutz
Hello all,

I'm currently on AA125 DFW-HKG flight, sitting in 16A. We were already delayed about 1.5 hours leaving DFW d/t some mechanical issue. About 3 hours into the flight (somewhere over Saskatchewan), the captain announced that there was a problem with the navigational system and that we had to return to DFW. We will be landing back at DFW in an hour or so. I have no idea what to expect when I land back at DFW as I have never had a situation like this before. Is it reasonable for me to ask for a PE or J seat on another carrier, if they can't get a replacement plane soon enough? I really don't want to be stuck in a regular Y seat for such a long flight. Also if I can't get to HKG by Thursday night, I am going to lose the hotel room that I already paid for out of pocket. Can I ask AA to reimburse me? I am PLT if that helps. Thank you in advance for your help.
Sorry to hear that, I did see that the flight went out late.

16A is MCE, and not regarded as a separate class or service, so rebooking would be in Y, unless you get lucky with a bump on a alternate OW carrier. Out of DFW, probably best alternate is through NRT/HND, and with a connection to HKG. Or could go back to LAX/SFO and get a direct from there.

As for hotel room, I have similar situations, and claimed that on my credit card (Citi Exec) insurance. Doubt you'll get anything out of AA, but worth a try.

FWIW ; AA126 on Thursday now cancelled. Also 125/126/192/193 issues, and knock on effects are why i have moved my biz to CX.