FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying to Argentina next week - where to go?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:29 pm
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post good options in the "deep" Valle de Uco

You mention that you want to "get away"... so I would suggest you book yourself into one of the small Posadas that some of the smaller Bodegas have in the Valle de Uco. My first pick would be the Posada at La Azul. Else, if you want to have a similar experience that's not at a Winery itself, my first choice would be Tupungato Divino.

These choices are not luxury lodgings, but they are clean and properly equipped, and have very good service from the staff (and owners) that are on site... you mention spending $$$ on wine rather than on a room, so I think these places will be exactly what you seem to be looking for.

I know the owners of both establishments very well, please feel free to PM and/or email me and I will introduce you to them, you will be able to make arrangements with them directly.

I would not worry about Aerolineas... service has been better and the planes are new, sure LATAM is "better" but the difference is no longer significant. I would not dismiss Mendoza only because of the current airport closure.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K