FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forum Suggestion: FT Feedback and General Discussions
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:56 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nsx
GU, I fully expect you to see exactly that. There's no substitute for group discussion to uncover the flaws in an idea.

Randy made some missteps during his leadership of FT. Our new CD hasn't made a single one, as far as I know. She takes the time to reach the right decision the first time. She will find the most effective way to get member feedback.
While I have great respect and admiration for both persons, I don't see -- nor expect -- perfection in any individuals and the outcomes' their decisions have produced; and so I find no need to compare the CDs with each other. I'd rather compare systems.

I like systems that account for human limitations/imperfections; and I prefer systems with leadership cognizant of its own limitations and the situation requiring an open, broad debate to fuel improvement of a sort that is more sustainable and broadly rewarding than autocratic, sycophantic or incestuous group think can be.

No matter how great a "philosopher king" a polis may have ruling it, the philosopher king (writ large to include queens as well) isn't immortal. Even the founder of FT is no longer in control of this place.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 15, 2016 at 7:09 am