FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Etihad and Abu Dhabi in Economy
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:19 am
Dogmatick

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chriswortley5
I've never missed a connection because I always plan ahead sometimes this requires a long layover 5-10 hours in airport or 1-2 days outside.

Most people wouldn't agree waiting in an airport for hours is a good idea but I've seen plenty of angry customers and their many reasons why they can't be late.

I guess it depends on your options in a worst case scenario as to how you should plan because if you arrive late and they can't get you on the next flight because its full or your cabin is full are you ok with waiting or taking a downgrade? I am sure people think if they get upset and explain their reason for travel this will make a difference.

Example. LGW is a long (traffic prone) drive for me so for a morning flight check in to the sofitel, have a nice evening meal, relax in the club lounge then walk to the terminal in a few mins relaxed and fresh.

All the information is on the internet to allow you to plan as required and live longer without the stress.
Nice life lesson Chris but really not what was asked

They are far better setup than ten years ago, it is not even comparable especially when you consider the new terminal. It is very cramped now because the Midfield terminal is late but they know what they're doing for connections and you'll be informed before landing where your next flight is going from, gate info etc.

From where to where are you flying ? It would help to answer your question as the bus gates take a little longer in and out