FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do people ever fly Delta (serious question)
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:33 pm
Youngmiler

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shanshan
I have never come across - anecdotally - anyone who says "Delta is better than United or American".
Are you SpongeBob and live under a rock?

I would say Delta consistently ranks on multiple surveys as a top airline in the US.

I can't figure out how to get a $3k coach fare from a small US city to a small European city - why not use google.com/flights to look up a trip if you don't care about alliance or airline?

I am not hostage to Delta, I made the mistake of flying American once this year and ended up on their oldest A321 and flew United once and my flight was delayed and missed my connection (big surprise).

At the end of the day I fly Delta for relatively consistent hard/soft product, on-time performance, minimal travel time for my routes, and knowing that when I finally have enough Skypesos to get a Delta PJ card, they will quietly raise the amount needed the day before I redeem!