FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forum Suggestion: FT Feedback and General Discussions
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:04 pm
Smaug

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Well, here is your opportunity for your voice to be heard.

How specifically do you see the forum which you propose? Is it interaction with the community director of FlyerTalk; a committee of FlyerTalk members selected by the community director; representatives of Internet Brands; or a combination thereof which listens to member concerns?
The TB which is being disbanded had its own mission:
i. Represent the interests of the FlyerTalk membership at large to the FlyerTalk Host.
ii. Act as a representative body for the FlyerTalk membership.
iii. Serve in an advisory capacity to the FlyerTalk Host.
iv. Provide feedback to the FlyerTalk Host with regard to the management of FlyerTalk.

This forum (which may be closed next month--that is the CD's decision) was the public "sounding board" between the FT community and the TB, who in turn, would send its recommendations to the CD.

I hope that the TB recognizes that this current forum (as stated in its forum subtitle "Discussion of issues for the member-elected TalkBoard") would be considered obsolete after TB disbands. I hope that TB would be motivated to recommended a new forum that would continue the types of discussion previously allowed here.

As for IB, there is already a Technical Support & Feedback forum for technical issues, which are mainly IB's purview.

If the CD were to open up the Technical Support & Feedback forum to allow for other FT-related discussions than just technical issues, then I would be happy.

What criteria should comprise of an idea to meet in order for it to be considered to pass into becoming a reality? What should the process be once an idea is agreed upon? These are only a few of a number of questions which need to be resolved if a forum is indeed created.
At this point, all I am asking for is for open communication to continue. I am not asking to propose a new type of committee structure to replace TB.

Additionally, are there any other ideas in which you believe that the voice of the membership of FlyerTalk can be effectively and efficiently heard?
I proposed my idea. Like I said, I hope the TB (and likewise the CD) would recognize that such a need exists and propose something to continue that open communication that exists here.