FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:03 pm
pashber

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Alaska, American, United
Originally Posted by benosufan
Had similar experience with applying for hyatt CC....7 TO 10 DAYS...I waited and they called 2 business days later and said I was maxed on credit with chase. Had Disney, CSP, and just had SW card approved the month prior. The nice lady sad she would close my Disney card which hadn't been used for over a year. I said sure no problem. She approved me for the hyatt and moved the credit over from the disney. I think it's always best to wait it out. I've never been denied a chase CC that I couldn't end up being approved. One time I had couple AUs that put me over 5/24 but did get approved when I called in after receiving the denial letter. I could have avoided the decision pending if I had decreased my Disney CL before applying. But I wanted to cancel the Disney anyways. Now I'm planning my trip to Hyatt ziva cancun using hyatt free nights and UR points from CSP. 10k vacation for free (well minus CC fees of less than 350 bucks)....wife and 3 kids flying southwest for 7 nights ....thanks Chase! I plan to post my fullplan once I make the reservations. Good luck
Your civility is much appreciated.