FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:28 am
Twinmommy19

Originally Posted by bison1847
Never my intention to make a special deal for myself, but only with the hope that WOH understands the differences between people based in high density and low density Hyatt locations. Even many of the airlines recognize that.

I also agree it is our own personal choice as to whether we stay or go, but if possible I hope the new WOH program would take into consideration the input from those members based on the other side of the pond also.
The issue isn't the night stay quota, it's the base point milestone. It's way too high. What is the point of setting a base point threshold at a level that is virtually unattainable prior to staying 55 nights anywhere? I mean - think about it. 54 nights at a high average pre-tax / resort fee paid rate of $300 still only gets you to $16,200 in Hyatt spending. Breakfast for diamonds is included already - so in addition to that amount you'd also have to have average $70 per day on dinner / spa, etc. to break $20,000 before 55 night stays. You'd seriously have to go out of your way not to get any good deals whatsoever on rates or use half points, etc. to accomplish this without also meeting the night stay requirement.

$12K would've made much more sense. That's the equivalent of an average per night rate of about $220 (pre-tax / fees) over 55 nights. If you are staying mostly in Europe where hotels can cost $400ish on average (assuming some half points rates), 25 nights plus a reasonable about of meal spending could then get you status.