FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:30 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 1girlwhotravels
On Friday 11th November I flew ORD to LGA on United. I woke up this morning to check my return flight on 14th Nov LGA to ORD to find my flight had been cancelled. United refused to believe I was on the flight. The gate agent never "checked" me in. First off very scary that I am on a flight with no record.

United required that I pay the $200 change fee in order to reinstate my return flight. Has this ever happened to you?
While these errors are rare, there are occasional issues with the gate scanners.

(and other case of problems if you had last minute changes in itin due to UA irrops -- delays, cancellations, ... Assuming you did not, will not go into those issue)

You need to make a refund claim and if you have an supporting info -- airport parking or transportation tickets -- on either end, purchase for food or ??? at the airport, ... it would be useful to provide. I suspect this will be resolved quickly.