FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Over, Motion Passed: Creation of a Lodging Services Forum (Including AirBnB)
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:56 am
Prospero
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I proposed it in the M&P forum for the reason outlined (and we don't know that DL/Q are outliers). If the CD decides to put it in T&D I'm ok w/ that too. FWIW - Ride Services got put into the Car Rental programs forum.

Cheers.
I don't believe the Ride Services forum offers a valid precedent as it is not being used to discuss mileage or points earning. That does really surprise me given neither of the major providers, Uber and Lyft have a frequent ride programme.

Uber is an SPG partner and it is possible to earn SPG points on Uber trips. There is an active discussion covering this but it is not housed in the Ride Services forum; you'll find it in the Starwood forum. Similarly, I suppose the Delta Air Lines forum will become the de facto place to discuss Delta SkyMiles earning via airbnb's Skymiles partnership.

If we are to follow the logic of locating forums into the Miles & Points section on the basis of a peripheral points proposition, then Luxury Hotels, Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies, and Travel News could be moved over because FFP partnerships also exist in these spaces. For example, I can earn Avios on hotel stays booked with Kaligo, Rocketmiles and Agoda PointsMAX, and Virgin Flying Club points via PointsHound plus Avios on Business Traveller subscriptions. I can also earn Lufthansa M&M points on Rimowa luggage purchases so should we also move the Travel Products forum into the Miles & Points section? I'd argue not and for the same reason suggest that unless any of the lodging services providers launch their own frequent stay programme (and there is no evidence of this happening) then the Travel & Dining section is the most logical fit.

Not only would it be a clear fit, a Lodging Services forum would compliment the existing Luxury Hotels and Online Travel Booking forums.