FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:37 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
I am at Narita right now, and all of the stores carrying Yamazaki whisky are completely sold out. I spoke with a salesperson and she said they are frequently sold out. I did see it in many stores in Tokyo, so if you really want this, you might not want to count on finding it at the airport.
Unfortunately still true 2 years later. Passed thru last month and they were sold out of the 10,000 yen bottles. Alas I had not researched (or found this thread) and felt I did not know enough to plunk 50,000 yen for next level up.

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Not quite at HND/NRT or duty-free, but when researching places to buy in Tokyo for my dad, I kept stumbling across recommendations for this place in Tokyo Station:

www.liquors-hasegawa.com

Easy enough to stop in if you're taking the N'EX to NRT.
Alas not an option for those of us who never check luggage.

Originally Posted by John17 3
Hey all, I bought my Yamazaki 12 at the Costco in Tustin @ the District(Jamboree/Barranca). $68 per bottle before tax is a GREAT deal, better than Narita duty free. This was a week ago, and people were grabbing bottles from the stock cart box!
Great tip. I usually fly by the liquor aisle on my way to the steaks but I will have to stop next time.