FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Bali Trip - Hotel Recommendations? Amex FHR vs other? (Consolidated)
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:59 am
FlyingDoctorwu

Originally Posted by 2manyredeyes
Hello All - In a few months I will be going to bali for 8 days and am hoping to get recommendations on hotels/locations/ and booking methods.

Ideally I would like to do 2 nights in Nusa Dua , 2 nights in Ubud, then last 4 nights back at the beach. Based on what I've read here I'm thinking either Amanusa/ St. Regis /Ritz Carlton in Nusa, then Mandapa Reserve/ 4 seasons Sayan / Amandari for 2 nights, then back to the beach. I'd love to hear some feedback from others who have done similarly, and have any do's and don'ts.

I've read that the Aman hotels have "seamless" transfers which are appealing, so eager to get clarification on what all that entails over just a pick up/ arrival gift?

Lastly- comparing booking methods, would anyone recommend Amex FHR over Virtuoso benefits or other affiliated booking services such as 4 seasons preferred partners? Which seem to have a better track record for "upgrade on arrival"

Ultimately my budget is 1k a night or less for the best all around Bali experience I can get, and hopefully booking through a service that adds the most value.

Thanks in advance
First of all welcome to FT.

I'm a huge fan of Aman resorts so would definitely recommend Amanusa/Amandari and I would add in Amankila... The Aman Bali Experience might be a good option

That all being said, Chedi Club in Ubud is a great option too... whatever it is; I think that most people have had good luck with Aman pickups in other resorts...

i would most definitely go with a travel agent. They can help arrange all the transfers.. there are tons here, and all seem to be pretty solid... much better option than FHR (unless you absolutely need late checkout; though that is possible to be arranged too)... Mine was able to negotiate confirmed upgrade on booking....

My TR is around here somewhere... I'ld also recommend LM225s as well to see Chedi Club.. if I were to go back to Ubud I would go with Chedi...

I'm sure Kage will link in about 3-5 mins...

FDW