FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Montreal [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2016, 8:01 am
3galsontour

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Elegant and still on its game

Introduction Always feel this hotel gets it right. I am happy in the Deluxe room because they are comfortable, lit well, and appointed brilliantly.  I love the Asprey products and they are generous with putting them both around the bathtub and the shower.  But even more happy with the upgrade to large and lovely Junior Suite.  The quality of the renovation is evident in the beautiful mirrors tucked away on sliding doors, and the bathrooms with Japanese toilets.  Water is brought to you when you arrive late with a damp hot towel to refresh yourself.  The restaurant is good looking but oddly it is better value to order room service in your room.  The prices seem cheaper. But the buffet is beautiful and so spending your morning in the restaurant is fabulous.  Upgraded and they specifically mentioned it was become of my Marriott Platinum status. Hand written card mentioning my visits also awaited with water and fresh cookies.  The upgrade was reflected on my reservation before I arrived.  Much appreciated.  Perfect for a McGill visit as it is very close to the main entrance.  It takes its place as the first Ritz (1912 I believe)  very seriously and it shows. Must say I was pretty hopeless with the new mechanisms for the curtains.  So did not feel like learning a new skill when I arrived at midnight.  Oh well - I will get over it.Worth a visit especially if you like the location.  Actually came to Montreal the night before a meeting to spend the night.