View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 16, 2:47 am
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
What proportion of Hyatt hotels even have a club/lounge for the 4 club upgrade benefit (a benefit that is a return of sorts to what Platinums could have before Hyatt eliminated Platinum Extras certificates)?

It seems like less than a quarter of Hyatt hotels in the Americas have a club lounge. A higher proportion of Hyatt hotels have suites of some sort than have club lounges.
As I posted before (you may have missed it), the Plat Extra cert was not good for upgrades outside the US, so this new upgrade is certainly a BIG step up for anyone living outside the US, or for international travel. The Plat Extra certs were also not valid for 12 months, and they could not be used for as long as 7 nights.

A few Hyatts at which I think the upgrade would be quite nice: GH Tokyo, GH HK, Churchill London, HR Mainz, HR HK TST, GH Seoul, GH Fukuoka, GH Taipei, PH Melbourne, GH Melbourne, GH Kauai, HR Naha, GH Kuala Lumpur, GH Macau, GH Singapore ... I'm sure there are many more out there, but those are just a few that are in my limited range of vision.

Obviously these upgrades will not be of value to everyone, but nor are the DSUs.

I think they will do well for me for a year or 2, so I think I'll shoot for getting 30 nights in 2017 (a sharp decrease from my 42 this year and 40-45 each of the past 5 years).

If someone cannot obtain value from the 4 Club upgrades, I see no reason whatsoever in going out of the way to earn Explore status.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Nov 8, 16 at 2:56 am