FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Huge Schedule Change- Advice
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:09 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by scatlin
I don't think they should ask every customer- often I have a schedule changes, but a 10 to 11 hour schedule change to of only non stop flights LAX-IND and IND-LAX is a huge inconvenience- especially at the holidays- Bad customer support. And if they make such changes they should be more accomodating.
"Buy me a nonstop ticket on another airline if you change schedules, because my sister can't fly on connecting flights and we don't like your new nonstop schedule" is never going to happen. It doesn't happen with American, Delta, Southwest or anyone. Your expectations don't meet up with reality and the contract of carriage.

Usually AA is fine when I work with schedule changes, but I'm not afraid of changing my routings as need be (and I grant that an inexperienced traveler has different comfort levels, but in the end, connecting flights aren't THAT scary).

Delta was good until the promised free miles with card didn't work. I was approved, but the numbers didn't work. They told me to wait two hours and call back, but I realized it's probably because I am an AE with American.
You're trying to use miles to fly around Christmas? Typically this costs many, many miles because what is termed "saver" (12,500 one way/25,000 nonstop we all get pitched on credit cards) isn't offered. Everyone wants to fly home and airlines charge extra miles (and Delta is notorious for not having a fixed award chart in the first place).

I still wonder what everyone else on my sisters flights are doing- maybe they called soon and are all in first class.
Getting refunds, changing to one-stop flights, or sucking up and dealing with the schedule change, probably.

Glad that you did get it eventually worked out.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Nov 7, 2016 at 5:17 pm