FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:44 pm
SFO28L

Programs: UA 1k
Had this exact meal except with the pretzel roll SFO-ORD Friday. It was one of the best domestic dishes I have had. Not really a big plantain eater but they were really good. Wish there were some vegetables with the main course though. Also had the Malbec which was good enough for me.

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
SFOSTL
DEP 1755

All of the SFOSTL flights I have been flown recently have been on a mix of 319/320/E-175 so was surprised to see a 738, and a full 738 at that.

PDB appeared to be offered, I boarded later, but despite boarding going on for 20+ mins after I sat down no offer of PDB or coat hangup. Based on this and the announcement from the FA describing himself and other FA's as "safety professionals", I didn't have high expectations at this point.

After takeoff, meal orders taken front to back; choices described as salmon with cous cous or braised beef. After both myself and my seatmate told the FA that we wanted the beef, he said "and your second choice is salmon." I know what he meant but the delivery was rather stern and would have been communicated better had he said "choices are salmon or beef; which would be your first choice?"

Saw the trays being brought out with the first round of beverages so was expecting the famous "onePass" service; but as noted in the picture, they brought out the salad/roll/nuts out on the tray with the beverage, and then later brought out the entrée. I actually liked that to be honest as it actually seemed to be more in line with how the conduct service on the international flights.

The FA's were really good about refills, so despite the initial observation and the one-offs, it was a pretty good flight. Oh and the red wine on offer (I think it was a Malbec), dare I say was actually good

Salad/Nuts/Roll First Course

Entree