FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Huge Schedule Change- Advice
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:07 pm
scatlin

Programs: AA
Thanks I didn't realize that schedule changes like I mentioned were common or that you don't actually get the time you request is in the fine print.
Seems strange given the variety of ticket prices. I know it is a bad business practice to change a ticket and offer a less than desirable ticket at the same price. I now have to pay $722 for a ticket, I could have gotten for $300 when I bought my ticket, but I paid $560 due to the optimal time.

I picked the flight and paid extra because I knew my sister hates to fly- I talked her into visiting me after our mother died last year. She is from California and terrified of being stranded due to a snow storm.

I could have paid almost 400 cheaper to have a flight similar to the one that was rescheduled. I guess that's my point. I just don't see American giving very good customer service. They made a schedule change that was in their control.

You make a good point. Usually I don't care that much about schedule because I am familiar with flight delays- mechanical and weather related.

But when arranging for someone else- it's different. I am also not happy about waking at 4:00 am to drive to the airport right before the holidays. And again at 4:00 am to drive her to the airport. Yes there are other options, but she is my sister.

I could have paid less and had a nonstop and not have wake up at 4:00 in the morning. I can't be the only one that is frustrated.