FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:53 am
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by tom911
I'm fortunate to have comped Hilton Diamond that I've been trying out, along with Marriott Gold via UA 1MM, but worried about making a 100% move to Marriott in case the UA relationship ends with the Starwood merger. That would cause me to lose the chance to retain Hilton Diamond that won't be on the table after next year without requalifying for it. The year-to-year UA/Marriott relationship just sounds too risky for me. Could easily do the 30 stays at Hilton because of their larger footprint - the World of Hilton does seem to work much better in cities I frequent.

Anyone see something I'm missing that might indicate Marriott would be the better direction to go?
Don't know that anyone can say for sure whether the UA/Marriott relationship will continue or how the Marriott program itself will develop. Or what Hilton will do next.

Personally, I enjoy being a free agent instead of focusing on top tier status with any particular chain. It's easy enough at the moment to get mid tier status in several programs via credit card or other relationship. As a free agent I can take advantage of the promos that work best for me, book award stays without fear of needing the nights or stay for elite status, etc.