FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:11 am
BAGoldBoy

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
So, I have been HGP Diamond for about 16 years, just requalified for 2016, and in the program in total for about 25 years and have enjoyed the benefits of the program. Even so I can only think of 2 spectacular treatments from Hyatt in all that time. An upgrade to a massive suite at the SFO Embacadero and earlier this year at the GH Melbourne where we were upgraded to the Diplomatic Suite. Other than that even with status usually just treated as a regular guest.

Most of our stays now are for leisure on our dime. As has been said before Hyatt is not well represented in many areas so is often difficult to find a property to stay at. That may change in the future but many of the new openings are not in countries we visit for vacation.

I would have been happy if they kept the same levels but had increased the requirements in a more reasonable way but I cannot justify what I would need to spend to maintain the highest level of status out of my own pocket.

I already have Hilton Diamond and get treated pretty well so will probably follow what seems to be a common direction here and head over to SPG once I have burnt my Hyatt points during 2017 as a backup.

So long Hyatt and it will be interesting to see if this new strategy causes them any pain.