FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No TB Elections: TalkBoard Disbands 30 Nov 2016
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:32 am
dchristiva
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Disagree.

I said this before I served on TB & while I served on TB. Most FTers could give two patooties about the admin of FT & come to it for miles/points info only. FWIW & speaking only for myself, I feel the same way re: admin of other BBs I frequent that are not travel-related.

TB's remit hasn't changed over 15 years, so the idea that it's suddenly neutered due to mods is just silly. When I was first elected voting #s were high. TB's remit was the same then as it is several years later. Heck, it was the same really many years ago when you served. The remit hasn't changed. IMO decrease in voting #s and also in topics raised has more to do w/ FT being a mature BB.

Carol's done a great job of promoting TB, elections, etc, but for those who now come to FT or check out elections or TB, they realize that not much is being discussed/considered, primarily because over the last 15 years TB has sorted out a lot of items, re: new forums, post counting, etc.

In the 6 years since I was elected to TB (w/ a mandatory 1 year gap involved, which I voted for btw), the amount of items discussed/voted on has decreased. That's not because FTers or TB don't care; it goes along w/ being a mature bulletin board.

I have faith in the CommunityDirector that she'll sort out a way for FTers to suggest ideas, just as I expect TB forum to date to be available even if in an archive format. I've had no conversations w/ the CD re: this, but I have respect for her & her decisions re: making FT a great BB.

Cheers.
This is all pretty spot on. Well-written.