FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No TB Elections: TalkBoard Disbands 30 Nov 2016
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:20 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nsx
Here's what I posted on the private TalkBoard forum:

I reluctantly agree with Carol's decision. FT is running so smoothly that TalkBoard no longer provides value commensurate with the effort needed to continue it. TalkBoard was part of the reason for FT's continued success in meeting the challenge of the growing popularity of sharing travel tips and of collecting and using miles and points. It's no small feat to maintain the value proposition for users as website traffic grows 10-fold or more.

If any website ever feels the need for a member-elected advisory committee, I doubt they could write a better set of operating rules than we have constructed for TalkBoard and refined over many years. I do hope that sees some re-use somewhere.

I'm glad to have had the opportunity to participate on TalkBoard and I hope to continue to help out wherever I can add value. FlyerTalk has given my family and me some incomparable experiences and I enjoy helping others achieve similar results.

One final observation: There is one fundamental reason TalkBoard is no longer needed. That reason is named Carol. We are blessed to have a leader of unparalleled dedication, wisdom, and kindness. TalkBoard was, in essence, a patch to make up for our founder's shortage of time to spend on FT. Carol's diligence has made that patch unnecessary. We are retiring because our job is done.
Agree