FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines website ticketing error
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:50 pm
rjw242

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ray1966
When I reviewed the dates, they were incorrect. We contacted American Airlines and explained to them what had happened. They apologized but refuse to admit a glitch with their online ticket purchasing system. Anyway, we had to pay an additional $250 each to purchase the tickets with the correct departure and return dates. We've never faced this issue before, and we are certain that we typed the correct dates we planned for our trip. One of us would have caught the mistake when we were completing the order. We should have checked the confirmation email for the correct dates, but we didn't. Has anyone else experienced this with American Airlines or another company?
That's a new one. When the itinerary was displayed just prior to purchase, were the dates correct? Or did you not look at the trip dates at all between inputting them into the search form and checking the confirmation email 2 weeks to departure?

I'm usually paranoid about booking mistakes, so I double-check dates and times at every step of the way.