FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2016, 12:59 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JackE
This is Hyatt's "jump the shark". I'm interested to know what the competition's strategy will be. They might just sit back and welcome travelers who spent years if not decades making Hyatt their go-to destination. They might also cut back because they can. Or they might fight amongst themselves to grab Hyatt refugees.

And yes, it was very good while it lasted. The inmates now running the asylum don't understand that it is cheaper and easier to keep a customer than to get one. Or in this case, get one back.
Yes. Hilton HHonors used to be my primary program and I had mid- or top-tier status in it for nearly as long as FT has been around. But the program doesn't drive a lot of my business there despite the Hilton Gold or Diamond status. The reason the program is no longer a major driver in my choices? The kind of PR shenanigans and program devaluations a certain Jeff of Hilton HHonors infamy gave us -- an approach which Jeff Zidell of Hyatt seems to want to pursue in some way too.

The main open question I have to find out: when will the WOH award chart slaughtering take place? It's a matter of when, as Hyatt is on a cost-cutting exercise with its loyalty program customers paying for the WOH cost-cutting.