FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:24 pm
PHLGovFlyer

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Darn! I booked Lagoon Tower because I read that they had the least amount of bird noise...but dawn and dusk are fine, I heard reviews that 1, 2, 3 am in the Ocean Tower was noisy birds (I keep wanting to type "Angry Birds" because of my grandson )

I'm staying on points and Ocean Tower was not even available (it would have been a "standard room"), but no such thing for my dates.

My choices were Palace or Lagoon, minimal difference in points, but I chose Lagoon because of early coffee in the morning and close to the big pool.
What view do you have in Lagoon? If it's Ocean Side I think you'll be very happy. Watching the dolphin pools from the balcony is one of our favorite memories from here.

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
The only upgrade available that I can see in my reservation is 10000-point upgrade to palace tower ocean view. I wouldn't consider it as "reasonable"....

and is it true that the in-room PS3 has unlimited free movies, which I would assume is movie streaming?
Is it 10,000 points for your entire stay or per night?

For the movies they now give golds and diamonds a card that provides free DVDs at kiosks located around the resort (IIRC it's two free DVDs per day, but it might be one - I wasn't paying much attention). We're not big TV watchers so unlikely to use this benefit at all.

I also need to issue a small retraction. Upon returning to the Palace tower tonight there were Mynah birds in the central area of the tower making a squabble. Since the sun has set silence has returned...