FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:07 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
I very much doubt that business selling classes on domestic will go from the current 20 TPs to 40 TPs. IB have a business cabin on their domestic flights and it still earns 20 TPs.
Originally Posted by Calchas
I suspect that it would follow Spanish (mainland) domestic rules, i.e., only 20 points in CD ("Club Domestic"), in line with the current Business UK offering.
I guess we just have to wait and see. However, logically you would expect that a domestic Club Europe flight will offer the same TPs as the standard CE routes. Indeed some of the domestic routes will be longer flights compared to existing routes such as JER, CDG, BRU, AMS, LUX, DUB, etc. Although knowing BA they don't always follow logic these days! But it would just be odd to offer reduced TPs on longer routes for the same cabin service!

Or maybe BA will see this as an opportunity to create a reduced TP earning band that will impact other established routes too! I'd better not give them any ideas there