FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dual national passing through SG immigration
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:53 am
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
It probably makes more sense to speak to the Duty Officer than the regular immigration officer as you're asking about a special situation - yup, better to get that solid answer up front. The Duty Officer is the senior official there.

The Duty Officer has his/her own space in the entire Passport Control area (I'd guess about the size of a basketball court). When you go down the escalator, the different lines/counters to present your passport are straight ahead. The Duty Officer podium is against either the left or the right wall before you get to the counters. BTW the office to get the eIACS endorsement is near or in the Terminal 3 Departure (Passport Control) area, so you'll only go there when you're leaving Singapore.

(As an idea, can you add your English name to your ROC identity?)
There does exist an option to put an AKA on ROC passport. I guess I will do it when my current one expires.

Originally Posted by tentseller
If you know how many Andy Wang are out there it would be wise to add you Chinese phonetic name to you US identity.

I stopped using my Chinese name when I turned 18 but went through a process to have it added due to:
Identity at credit bureau and international security data bases.
My extensive business travel in HK ROC PRC and SG.
Yeah I guess you are right. I just figured I never used my Chinese name with non-Chinese when I was in the States. I guess I should have kept it in.

As for travel I don't think there would be too much an issue for HK/SG/TW? All three places seem to be fine taking one's English name. The only place, at least for me, that seems to be a problem is PRC. It's far easier for me to use Taiwan Compatriot Pass to enter China but name on that one cannot be my American name.