FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANC for 12 hours
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:12 pm
haddon90

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by stevechin
So just curious, how did your ANC visit go?
sorry late to respond. it was interesting being up there. downtown looks like it's in 1985 (not that it is a bad thing). but it really felt like a time warp. artic roadrunner is good, but i regret getting the halibut burger over an actual cheeseburger.

i had no clue how backwards the beer laws were. went to 3 breweries and wondered why there were no bars, tvs, or entertainment. went to midnight sun, resolution, and another i do not remember. sat at tables! checked out glacier brewhouse, crows nest, and simon and seaforts for food/drink. pretty darn good to be honest. crows nest has some insane views. picked up some bottled beer from la bodega and went to modern dwellers chocolate lounge which ended up being some fantastic chocolate.

funny though, i'm coming back up this saturday, 11/5. land at 2pm and leave at 12:45am. going to the UAA hockey game saturday night. got a glass seat for $20. checking out 49th state brewing, picking up some qivuit scarves for the family, and spending more time at silver gulch at ANC before heading back.